Thursday, February 3, 2011

What is your OS?

An operating system (sometimes abbreviated as "OS") is the program that, after being initially loaded into the computer by a boot program, manages all the other programs in a computer including application.

Long Time ago I only use Windows 7 OS as my primary OS until one day, I remember that our university have an OS that different or I'm not really familiar with. Our university don't use it as primary operating system instead they use Windows XP (Dual Boot), due to curiosity I started to search for the OS and I found out that the name of the OS is Ubuntu, its an open source operating system based on the Debian GNU/Linux distribution that any one can download, means "FREE/OPEN SOURCE" or Order the installation CD for a minimum fee for the delivery.

Ubuntu 10.10 Boot Screen (Much simpler than Windows Boot Screen )


Now, I use Ubuntu as my primary OS because it have better speed than windows, also the performance of the 2 OS didn't drop even it is dual booted which is good thing and the major advantages of Ubuntu to Windows is Ubuntu is "VIRUS FREE" .


Default Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop


My Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop(I think my settings is much simpler than the default)


You? What is your OS?

More info? Visit Ubuntu

6 comments:

  1. ITng It aa..
    NICE one istian..
    KEEP IT UP!! ^_^

    SUPER endorse tlga sa UBUNTU ee.. ahe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little reluctant about operating systems. I prefer W7

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I've used Ubuntu linux before too (as a dual boot), but it doesn't like my desktop anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in college the OS that we used to exercise is the Windows. After one year, I went back to our school and found out from my classmate that they now switched to Ubuntu. I know its quite complicated to deal with at first but she said they are now learning and started yo love it. One of the major reason they switch to Ubuntu is that, it is less prone to virus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My OS is Windows 7.. But I still try to learn using Ubuntu yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been running Ubuntu Linux for the last few years. I do find windows works better when it comes to supporting hardware and some software.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...